I have to admit that Wildflower season in Southern Colorado is my favorite time of year to be out making/chasing photographs. Once the blooms start at high altitude, my jeep is usually filled with my camping, hiking and photography gear and I “chase the light”. I taught a Waterfalls photography workshop last Friday and while we were out near Silverton, Colorado I scouted the wildflowers too. Dandelion, Parry’s primrose, early columbine and some bluebells are currently putting on a show. This year’s Chase the Light Wildflower workshops will begin on July 7th. Meet us at the Smiley Building and head up to the mountains for a day of learning to photograph this colorful spectacle.
Things to bring on a Chase the Light Photography Adventure:
- Camera, DSLR or point and shoot
- Tripod is essential to review and refine your composition
- Fully charged batteries and backup
- SD or Compact Flash cards
- 2 stop graduated Neutral Density Filter
- Raingear, layers, water bottle, natural bug repellent