Improve your Photography in 2014
Commit to photograph a minimum of once a week.
- Photograph subjects that are available to you.
- Something in your home, office
- Use your iPhone or digital camera.
- Make it easy for you to keep this commitment
Buy a bunch of flowers and practice at home, or on your lunch break.
- Use your iPhone, smart phone or digital camera
- This is NOT about great photos, but like any sport, you need to practice seeing.
- Don’t complicate this one, KISS (Keep it simple, stupid)
Selfies are the easiest subject, go for it.
- Include some hint of your location in the frame, a “sense of place”
- Sitting at your desk, on your coffee break, lunch
- No need to share if you’re shy, this is about practicing using your camera
Upload your photos to your computer, tablet
- At the end of 2014, you’ll be glad you can see your improved skills
- Share with your friends
- Share on your blog
- It’s fun to get comments as your vision improves in 2014
Once a month, go out and make a day of making photos.
Nothing improves my photography more than practice
If you’re serious about your desire to improve then give yourself the gift of time
Join a Photo club
Take a class
Go spend money on that piece of gear you’ve been drooling over
Take a workshop, spend time with other photographers who love to be behind their cameras. (shameless advertising, www.kitfrost.com)