Our Spring 2017 Monument Valley Workshop is just around the corner. And we still have openings for a few more photographers.
Early April, 2017. Participants can expect to explore and photograph at the following locations:
- Lower and Upper Butler Wash, outside of Bluff, Utah
- Twin Rocks, Bluff, Utah
- Valley of the Gods
- Monument Valley
- Mexican Hat
- San Juan River views
- Comb Ridge
We have some favorite locations to share with you. The desert wildflowers are in bloom by the end of April, so we’ll scout some compositions to teach you how to best capture the Claret Cactus, Yucca flowers and other wilds of the canyons of Southeast Utah.
Here’s a sampling of the subjects we’ll incorporate to teach you how to use your digital camera. Most workshop participants find that they are very comfortable with their camera, and know all it’s features by the end of a Chase the Light Adventure.
- Grand Scenics
- Intimate moments in the landscape
- Working with clouds
- “No sky, NO sky.
- Night Photography
- Moonrise in Monument Valley
- Star trails in Monument Valley
Skills and Techniques
- Aperture Priority
- Shutter Priority
- Focus priority
- Depth of field
- Graduated Neutral Density Filters (in the camera, and post-production)
- Capturing density for post-production