Photograph Fall Color in Fabulous Southern Colorado
Our Two Workshop in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado
Our Colorado Fall Color Photography Workshop takes place in the San Juan Mountains. Round-trip from our accommodations at Cascade Village, we take you to our favorite grand and intimate scenic locations throughout Southern Colorado, stopping along the way to teach lessons such as:
- Composition for the Grand Colorado Landscapes
- Photographing Aspens in the Forest
- Patterns and Textures of Aspen
- Working with Depth of Field and Shutter Speed.
- We make sure you’re familiar and comfortable with YOUR camera.
Day One finds us exploring the landscapes, light and aspens between Durango and Silverton, we explore locations for lessons at the Pigeon, Turret view, along Lime Creek Road, Molas Pass.
- How to properly use YOUR camera to combine f-stop, shutter and ISO to make your images sing. Discussion of what makes a good photo into a great photo.
- Aperture control for depth of field
- Shutter control for those “quaking” aspen.
- Choosing back-lighting, front, and side lighting to improve your photography
Day Two After an early check out of our accommodations, we continue chasing the fall color and mountain compositions that “call our names”. We teach you to improve your photography skills. Digital video instruction (optional) will be demonstrated as we make our way through the mountains, creating short video clips of your adventure, the forests, time lapse of the grand and intimate scenes.
We travel up and along the scenic highway from Silverton to Red Mountain Pass, Owl Creek Road to Silver Jack Reservoir. The Cimmaron Mountains are our backdrop as we explore “near-far” relationships in the autumn landscape. At sunset we will photograph the Sneffels Range from Dallas Divide, a must see fall scene in Colorado. Learn what composition skills are needed to isolate beauty in the “big” scene. This workshop ends at 5pm on Day two.
- Using leading lines in your photos.
- Create near-far compositions and learn to select the proper f-stop
- Working with exposure compensation (+-)
Tuition and Accommodations
Accommodations in Durango are at Cascade Village where we share a 3 bedroom Condo. Once registered for our Fall Color Photo Workshop, we’ll pass along more information about suggested gear, clothing. Click here for Kit’s suggestions for adventure gear.
Tuition, includes expert photography instruction, accommodations, light beverages and lunch at our photo locations. $1200. for two days
A light dinner will be served on our first night, and breakfast and lunch on day two.
For more information about fall color in Colorado.
And while in Durango.
Join us for our Adobe Lightroom class after your workshop,
Learn to upload, edit and sequence, title and add music to YouTube and Facebook videos.