Visit here to find the latest information about Fall Color Reports and Photography in Southern Utah. I leave Durango next week for Fall Color Photography in Utah and Arizona. I will post the 2015 reports of the color changes, to inspire your photography and travel.
Some of the locations I am scouting and photographing in 2015
Grand Canyon, South Rim
Grand Staircase, Escalante National Monument
Calf Creek Falls
Blanding to Bluff
Sand Island Recreation Area
In the Past
- Capitol Reef National Park, October 18-21, 2013, AWESOME COLOR in FULL bloom. Saturday was a bit of “boring blue sky” but the clouds came in on Sunday and it was beautiful.
For a link to my 2013 report about Fall Color and the Golden Cottonwoods of Zion National Park, click here.
The Big Views in Zion, check out the fall color in the campgrounds at the park.
My favorite locations in Southern Utah:
- Cedar Mesa, the cottonwoods are not quite in full bloom. Give it a week. (currently the color display in the Mesa is finished, looking like winter out there
- Bluff area, Butler and Comb Washes (Comb wash cottonwoods are still predominantly green but should be ready for awesome photography by this week. I drove through Bluff on Sunday, Nov 4th, 2013 and there were beautiful golden Cottonwoods on display against the red rocks.
- Capitol Reef National Park, and the drive through Fruita, still blooming color as of October 21.
- Zion National Park, mid-late October, the color display was pretty nice in the wide shot but not so great close up. (IMHO)