Each fall, beginning in mid-September, I check the local weather, and the weather in the nearby mountains to plan our Aspens and Fall Color Photography. We are beginning to see”rolling colors” beginning up north, in and around Silverton first. Shrine Road outside of Silverton is a favorite, as it Engineer Mountain (see the photo below).
We usually experience fall color change anytime between the last week in September through the second week in October. We’ve had a warm and mild September and that seems to be delaying the fall color for two weeks. Join us this year for your Fall Color Photography Lessons.
Colorado Fall Color Workshops • 1/2 Day Workshop, October 8th meet at 2pm and October 11, 2013 We’re driving the Alpine Loop from Durango to Red Mountain Pass and many of the images below are locations for these workshops and much more. Register Here.
Join us for our Annual Colorado Fall Color Workshop. Let Kit Frost take you to the most special places where the fall colors bloom. We carpool from Durango to locations scouted just a few days before your workshop. You will find us along the Colorado Scenic Byways known the world over for amazing fall color.
- Compositional skills for Fall Color Landscapes, Aspens, Reflections, Mountains
- How to use your camera, Beginners are welcome, Kit will teach you how to use your digital or film camera, and to understand aperture and shutter selections. Bring your point and shoot too.
- How to properly expose to saturate color (like the above photos)
- Learn “Right Place, Right Time” photo skills.
- Why using a tripod improves your photography.
- How to edit in the field to keep the best on your CF/SD cards